Ultra Distance Trekking Pole
(Lower 48 US States Only)
From after-work trail runs to speed record attempts on the Appalachian Trail, the reliable, 3-season Black Diamond Ultra Distance trekking pole is our premier lightweight pole featuring 100% carbon fiber construction and our innovative Z-Pole technology. Providing the ultimate in packability, the revolutionary 3-section design features a coated inner cord, a single push-button release, and our speed cone technology for lightning-fast deployment-even while on the move. The lightweight EVA grip features a non-slip extension for quick choke-ups on steep terrain, and the interchangeable tips provide multi-surface versatility.
- 100% carbon fiber construction
- 3-section Z-Pole folding design with speed cone deployment
- Lightweight EVA foam grip with breathable, moisture-wicking strap
- Non-slip foam mini-grip extension for secure choke-ups
- Includes interchangeable, non-marking rubber Tech Tips, carbide Tech Tips and stow bag
- Stopper basket with shaft catcher secures folding sections
- NOTE: 3-season Z-Poles do not accept, or have fittings for snow or powder baskets
Our Z-Pole Technology was born from our expertise in avalanche probes—by using a three-section shaft, a concealed inner Kevlar cord and innovative speed cones, our collapsible Z-Poles snap into place and lock with a single pull.
When not in use, a single push button releases the pole for compact storage.
[100 cm] 280 g (9.9 oz)
[110 cm] 285 g (10 oz)
[120 cm] 290 g (10.2 oz)
[130 cm] 295 g (10.4 oz)
[100 cm] 100 cm (39 in)
[110 cm] 110 cm (43 in)
[120 cm] 120 cm (47 in)
[130 cm] 130 cm (51 in)
[100 cm] 33.5 cm (13.2 in)
[110 cm] 36.5 cm (14.4 in)
[120 cm] 40 cm (15.7 in)
[130 cm] 43.5 cm (17.1 in)