Equally at home in the Tetons as Chamonix, the Black Diamond Sabretooth crampon is our best all-around crampon for everything from moderate ice routes to big alpine faces. The Sabretooth's horizontal frontpoints provide secure bite on snow, alpine ice and rock edges, while the technical secondary points create a stable platform in softer conditions with more technical precision than the Serac. Serrated sub-points grab and hold when you're rocking over your feet. The Sabretooth's light, durable stainless steel construction won't rust, resists snow balling underfoot and is free from toxic coatings that can wear off in the mountains.
- Distinctive stainless steel construction doesn't rust, is more durable, resists snow balling and saves weight
- Versatile horizontal frontpoints and more technical secondary points
- Low-profile micro-adjust heel bail with two positions
- Pro version accommodates boots with a toe welt
- Clip version features flexible toe strap for boots without a toe welt
- Includes dual-density ABS
TYPES OF CRAMPONS
PRO: Our most secure and adjustable system featuring a full step-in design for rigid-sole boots with both a toe and heel welt.
CLIP: A hybrid system with a toe strap and rear heel bail, designed for appropriate boots with a heel welt.
STRAP: Flexible toe and heel attachments for use with approach shoes or non-technical mountain boots.