Our lightest quickdraw, the Black Diamond Oz Quickdraw now features the snag-free benefits of our HoodWire Technology, making it ideal for trimming ounces on all-day gear routes and marathon sport pitches. Featuring hot-forged Oz carabiner on the top and bottom as well as a lightweight 12 cm (4.7 in) Dynex dogbone, this draw shines on alpine missions and any climb where a light rack is crucial to the send. The Oz's patent-pending stainless steel wire hood brings keylock functionality to wiregate carabiners and makes for hassle-free clipping and cleaning.
- Top and bottom Oz carabiners
- Patent-pending stainless steel wire hood design doesn't snag, eases clipping and cleaning
- Wire gates eliminate any chance of gate flutter
- Equipped with a 10 mm Dynex dogbone with Straitjacket
- Available in 12 cm length
HOT FORGING VS. COLD FORGING
We use two different forging methods to build carabiners—hot and cold forging. Each has its benefits and using both allows us to achieve the best possible shape, size and strength for each carabiner’s intended use. HOT FORGING, a process where both the rod stock and forge dies are heated, allows us to “move” the metal, creating more intricate shapes, such as our GridLock and Oz biners.