Carbon Probe Ski Poles - 2012
One tool for two jobs, the Black Diamond Carbon Probe pulls double duty as both a ski pole and an avalanche probe. In addition to its stiff, lightweight design and Freeride Series grip and strap, the pole's carbon fiber lower works in tandem to create a 182 cm probe, making it the ideal backcountry freeride pole. We also added our new low-profile FlickLock Pro® locking mechanism for dramatic improvements in clamping force.
- 18 mm (.71 in) aluminum upper with 16 mm (.63 in) carbon fiber lower
- Freeride Series grip with grippy, dual-density rubber in palming zone and an aggressive hooking point for leveraging bars and buckles
- Freeride Series strap with easy-access design and lengthened pull tab hangs open and distributes weight evenly across the hand
- Lower shafts screw together to form a 182 cm (71.5 in) probe (using 100-125 cm poles)
- 100 mm (4 in) Powder Baskets
- FlickLock Pro adjustability and security
FlickLock Pro is the evolution of our trusted FlickLock design. The benefits that made our classic FlickLock design the best pole-locking mechanism on the market remain: it’s secure, fast and easy to use. The Pro’s new low-profile, stainless steel design, however, provides a dramatic improvement in quality, feel and clamping force.
[100-125 cm] 610 g (1 lb 6 oz)
[115-140 cm] 625 g (1 lb 9 oz)
100-125 cm (39-49 in)
115-140 cm (45-55 in)