Ultra Distance Trekking Pole - 2012
NO MINIMUM ORDER
Designed for fast packers, trail runners and anyone else looking for lightweight reliability on the trail, the Black Diamond Ultra Distance is a superlight, 3-season carbon-fiber pole that uses our ultra-packable folding-pole technology. The revolutionary 3-section Z-Pole design features a coated inner cord, a single push-button release, and our speed cone deployment, which aligns like an avalanche probe for increased rigidity. The lightweight EVA grip features a non-slip extension for choking up on steep terrain, and the interchangeable tips provide multi-surface versatility.
- 100% carbon fiber shafts
- 3-section Z-Pole folding design with speed cone deployment
- Lightweight EVA foam grip and breathable, moisture-wicking strap
- Non-slip foam mini grip extension for secure choke ups
- Includes interchangeable, non-marking Z-Pole Rubber Tips, Z-pole Carbide Tips and stow bag
- Stopper basket with shaft catcher secures folded sections
- NOTE: Z-Poles do not accept, or have fittings for snow or powder baskets
Our Z-Pole Technology was born from our expertise in avalanche probes—by using a three-section shaft, a concealed inner Kevlar cord and innovative speed cones, our collapsible Z-Poles snap into place and lock with a single pull.
When not in use, a single push button releases the pole for compact storage.
Backpacker Magazine Editors' Choice 2011
Gear Junkie Best In Show Award - S10 Outdoor Retailer
Outside China Magazine 2011 Gear of the Year
National Geographic Adventure Gear of the Year 2011