Item currently unavailable
At a massive 135 mm underfoot, the Black Diamond Gigawatt is the biggest, baddest ski that Black Diamond makes. By combining an extended running length with a tip-to-tail, fully rockered profile, the Gigawatt achieves longboard-style, powder skiing bliss with enough edge underfoot for confidence on groomers and hard snow. That profile, combined with the weight-saving ribs and channels of our iconic Formula One Technology, allows this supertanker to still be responsive and quick edge-to-edge-critical for a ski this size.
- 135 mm waist with our powder specialty geometry
- Full-length, de-cambered Rocker for instant turn response
- More surface area and usable contact length than the Megawatt
- Poplar and birch Internal Wall Core Technology for added pop and stability
- Formula One Technology with three ribs and Torsion Box Construction for maximum torsional stiffness
- Optimal use: 90% soft snow / 10% hard snow
Rocker has moved from a niche, powder-specific design to a versatile tool that allows for easy turn initiation, smooth turn release and agile turn-shape variation in any condition. By tuning the rise and length of tip and tail rocker to each ski’s intended use, we’re able to dial in the exact character we want—from deep-snow specialists to hybrid fun-shapes. We have grouped our rockered ski profiles into three categories—Rocker, Semi-Rocker and Traditional based on the tip or tail’s rise length.
[185 cm] 5.3 kg (11 lb 11 oz)
[195 cm] 5.7 kg (12 lb 9 oz)
[185 cm] 28 m
[195 cm] 31 m
Formula One Tech
Torsion Box Cap
Poplar/Birch Internal Wall Core