NO MINIMUM ORDER
Going out for a big day? The panel-loading Black Diamond Octane is the pack for multi-hour missions, be it a long loop hike on trail, a big traverse connecting trails or a secluded off-track ramble. Equipped with our revolutionary ergoACTIV™ suspension, the Octane is designed for athletic movement through varied, broken terrain and has a zippered main opening to allow easy access to all of your daylong adventuring kit.
- Patent-pending ergoACTIV suspension with OpenAir backpanel
- Zippered top panel access
- Breathable, soft 3D mesh on hipbelt and shoulder straps
- Hipbelt stash pocket, side stretch pockets and front compression stretch pocket
- Trekking pole/ice axe loops
- Hydration compatible
- Also available as women's-specific Spark
WHY ACTIVE suspension?
Black Diamond packs built with our award-winning active suspension systems—ergoACTIV, ergoACTIV XP, reACTIV and reACTIV XP—are unparalleled in comfort, efficiency and load transfer. Because the shoulder straps and hipbelt move with you, friction and hot spots are eliminated. The pack’s load stays perfectly balanced at all times—without adjustment—and allows your body to move naturally in any direction. This results in a more efficient, comfortable, longer stride—meaning you can cover more ground, more quickly.
1.32 kg, 2 lb 14 oz (size L)
1.22 kg, 2 lb 11 oz (size M)
30 L, 1,831 cu in (size L)
28 L, 1,700 cu in (size M)