Speed 55 Pack - 2013
With a large-volume design, strippable features and our patent-pending reACTIV™ suspension and SwingArm™ shoulder straps, the Black Diamond Speed 55 is built for multi-day, light-and-fast alpine missions. The Speed's hipbelt, 4 mm (.16 in) aluminum frame, framsheet and top lid are all removable when you want to shave ounces, and a tuck-away rope strap, IceLink™ tool attachments, 3-point haul system and welded crampon patch ensure everything is lashed down securely.
- Patent-pending reACTIV suspension with SwingArm shoulder straps
- Thermoformed, vented backpanel
- Top-loading skirt closure with removable top pocket and tuck-away rope strap
- IceLink™ tool attachment, 3-point haul system and welded crampon patch
- Removable padded hipbelt, 4 mm (.16 in) aluminum frame and framesheet
- Hydration compatible
WHY ACTIVE suspension?
Black Diamond packs built with our award-winning active suspension systems—ergoACTIV, ergoACTIV XP, reACTIV and reACTIV XP—are unparalleled in comfort, efficiency and load transfer. Because the shoulder straps and hipbelt move with you, friction and hot spots are eliminated. The pack’s load stays perfectly balanced at all times—without adjustment—and allows your body to move naturally in any direction. This results in a more efficient, comfortable, longer stride—meaning you can cover more ground, more quickly.
[S] 970 g (2 lb 1 oz)
[M] 980 g (2 lb 2 oz)
1000 g (2 lb 2 oz)
[S] 1,450 g (3 lb 3 oz)
[M] 1,470 g (3 lb 4 oz)
[L] 1,500 g (3 lb 5 oz)
[S] 53 L (3,234 cu in)
[M] 55 L (3,356 cu in)
[L] 57 L (3,478 cu in)