Our premier full keylock quickdraw for snag-free clipping and cleaning, the Black Diamond Nitron Quickdraw features two 100% hot-forged Nitron carabiners and a lightweight, durable 14 mm Dynex™ dogbone. Ergonomic, hot-forged gates make for easy clipping on either the bolt or rope end, and the keylock noses eliminate the hassle when cleaning steep routes. We also included a Straitjacket dogbone insert to keep the bottom biner in the optimal clipping position.
- Hot-forged Nitron straight-gate carabiner on top and hot-forged Nitron bentgate on bottom
- Dual keylock noses ease clipping and cleaning
- Hot-forged gates with sculpted ribs are ergonomic and easy to use
- 14 mm Dynex dogbone is light, durable and easy to grab
- Straitjacket insert keeps bottom carabiner properly oriented
HOT FORGING VS. COLD FORGING
We use two different forging methods to build carabiners—hot and cold forging. Each has its benefits and using both allows us to achieve the best possible shape, size and strength for each carabiner’s intended use. HOT FORGING, a process where both the rod stock and forge dies are heated, allows us to “move” the metal, creating more intricate shapes, such as our GridLock and Oz biners.