ENDS DECEMBER 21, 2014 AT MIDNIGHT MST
(Lower 48 US States Only)
A lightweight, 12-point crampon built for the variable, moderate terrain of classic mountaineering routes, the Black Diamond Serac crampon is available in three different configurations for maximum versatility with any type of mountain boot. Horizontal frontpoints provide secure bite in icy steps, while the serrated secondary points add more stability than the Sabretooth in steep snow and neve. The Serac's light and durable stainless steel design won't rust, resists snow balling and is free from toxic coatings that wear off in the mountains.
- Distinctive stainless steel construction doesn't rust, is more durable, resists snow balling and saves weight
- Versatile horizontal frontpoints and more stable secondary points
- Low-profile micro-adjust heel bail with two positions
- Pro version is for technical boots
- Clip version is for boots without a front toe welt
- Strap version is for use with trekking boots
- Includes dual-density ABS
TYPES OF CRAMPONS
PRO: Our most secure and adjustable system featuring a full step-in design for rigid-sole boots with both a toe and heel welt.
CLIP: A hybrid system with a toe strap and rear heel bail, designed for appropriate boots with a heel welt.
STRAP: Flexible toe and heel attachments for use with approach shoes or non-technical mountain boots.